3.24.2008

A Monday Mind

I woke up this morning and the sun is shining brightly. Praise God!

I hope you enjoyed Easter!

Mondays are rough, but I have a list of things to accomplish and I'm fired up.

I have a Magic Bullet blender and in it I make my morning fruit smoothie. The Magic Bullet is amazing.

CNN reports that Kwame KP has been indicted along with his jumpoff.

CNN also reports that our casualties of war have reached the 4000 mark. I'm still asking, why?

Friday night, I went Steppin'. As usual, the instruction was good, and I had a nice time. My feet were cussin' me, steppin' ladies love to wear cute and sexy heels, it adds to your swagger when you're dancing. Luckily, I had a pair of flats for emergency purposes, and they came in quite handy.

Saturday, I planted Verbena, Alyssum, and some sort of Daisy. The Jasmine and Gardenia are making me anxious. I planted them in November and I am ready for their aromatic bloom. They're still alive so I must be doing something right. Everything else in my lil' garden is hangin' tough. I am happy that my Begonia are coming back. The Lady (Mom) is proud of me. I don't think in her wildest dreams, she could have ever imagined that I would take up gardening.

I also had a nice afternoon with a cousin that I don't see very often. He is planning to attend film school here. He lives back home in Chicago, and we have a substantial age difference (I'm older). We had a nice time. We went for sushi and I think thats the first time we've had an adult conversation.

I found out that my immediate neighbor is moving. This is a bummer because I adore her. She's a lil' old lady who is quiet as a church mouse. Never underestimate the value of a good neighbor. She will be sorely missed.

For me, March Madness has become March Sadness, as my bracket has self-imploded.

Sunday it was 87 degrees. BEAUTIFUL!

I also went to the hospital Sunday to visit one of my tenants. He was groggy and grumpy and basically told me to tear ass. I guess if I were ninety-one and had no family that cared enough to tend to my well-being, I'd be pissed too! That situation makes me sad.

I cooked a really nice Easter dinner. It was delicious. I am getting better at this. I might become a "kitchen bit.ch" one day, after all.

I watched two Trinity Easter services Sunday, live online broadcast. Food for my soul.

The Best Man was on network TV last night. Network TV knows how to screw up a great movie with editing and commercials. Good thing I own the DVD. Terrance Howard is a jewel in this flick!

I'm done. Gotta get back to my grind.

The Maven

No comments: