8.24.2008

Grow Out Blow Out - Three


Wednesday, the braids came down. Thursday I got a "press 'n curl", for the sole purpose of getting my ends trimmed.

While this growing process is taking awhile, I am rather enjoying the exercise in patience. They say its a virtue, you know.

I am quite pleased with the progress, but I must tell you, I am not a hair person, which is why my short and sexy haircut worked for me. I'm the broad that needs to stay in the salon chair on a very regular basis. For example, Friday, I woke up, unwrapped the hair, and looked like I was wearing a football helmet. I followed instructions. I even slept with the ceiling fan on full blast, so I wouldn't sweat it out. But noooooooo, I still woke up looking like I stuck my finger in a socket. So, Friday, I rocked a ponytail. Go figure.

Yesterday, I succumbed to the shampoo and conditioner, and brought out the trusty Miss Jes.sie's Curly Pud.ding, and did a double strand twist. I love the feel of my natural hair (I'm sure I've said that before) and I will rock my 'fro for a week or two, then head back to the C-O-M-P-T-O-N, to get my braids "re-did".

The Grow Out continues. When will I stop? December '09.

Just in time for the Big 4-0!

Yeah.....that sounds like a plan.

Maven

No comments: