8.04.2008

A Monday Mind

Hugs and Kisses Y'all!

The weekend was juicy like D.erek L.ukes' lips. Not juicy in a gossipy or raunchy way, but fun and filled with happiness.

For me it began on Thursday, as I decided on a whim to dust off my roller blades and hit the beach. What a grand decision! It was a lovely So Cal day. It wasn't too crowded and it wasn't too hot. The wind was just challenging enough to make me skate harder, my iPod was bumpin', there were some cuties out too, also skating, jogging, or bike riding. At one point I sat down on a bench to relax and take it all in. I became fixated on two kites and my were they fancy. Kites have come a long way from my days as a pup. I think I want one! LOL! Anyway, like I said, the iPod was bumpin', and it was in shuffle mode, and all of a sudden Ree Ree Frank came in singing "Mary Don't You Weep" and at first it was sort of odd, because my surroundings gave no reasons to mourn. But, as the song continued, it gave me pause to reflect on my blessings and the beauty of life, and the song took on more meaning. It was funny though, to watch carefree, happy people frolic in the sand by while hearing "Pharaoh's army drowned in the red sea", and I began to think about tsunami's, so I quickly forwarded to the next track. I skated back to my ride, drove to Pinkberry, got my usual small with fruity pebbles and blueberries, and headed home (with a nice lil' tan, I might add).

Friday night, I went steppin'. By the way, the folks in the video are from the LA crew. I'm gonna tell you.......I gotta get some better shoes for this. Being cute and sexy is cool, but by the end of the night, my feet are usually crying for mercy. I love it though. If there are steppin' lessons in your city, trust me, go and join in, because it is an amazing and sexy dance. Great for couples if you wanna take your boo. Great for singles if you wanna meet someone new. Good cardio also.

Saturday night, I saw Eric Roberson at the Temple Bar here in Santa Monica. Supa Lowery Brothers opened for him. I copped their CD at the Third Street Promenade one day while they were out there playing. They are VERY good. As for E Robe, with the beautiful smile, he didn't disappoint AT ALL! I have been listening to him for a few years now, but this was my first chance to see him live and he gave me house music, freestyle, beautiful ballads and personality plus. He is very charming and incredibly talented. The band, Franklin Bridge, is phenomenal, and I was happy to see cutie pie Curt Chambers in the flesh. I'm gonna give the drummer some too! Great night!

Sunday, I chilled. I studied, I chatted with my girls back home on BB Messenger (hilarious stuff), I cooked a nice dinner, cracked open a nice bottle of wine, and watched that craaaazzzzy B.ridezillas with my momma and my cousin, over the phone. We laughed SO hard at those broads. WHERE do they come from???? Toe Jam at its best!

One more thing, The Football League Hall of Fame Game was a teaser. Not fair. Bring on the real thing! I'm ready!

The Maven

No comments: