6.30.2008

A Monday Mind

What goes through an opponents mind when they are staring at Venus or Serena or Venus and Serena (doubles matches) from across the net?

How do you know the difference between being in love with "the one" and being tested in preparation for "the one"?

Pets and children don't have bills. Can I return in my next life as one or the other?

Baseball season is really holding it down for me right now. The Windy City Series did not disappoint. Its a little strange living in a city far from the hometown and watching said hometown teams wallop on each other for six games. I wanted to be there. Go White Sox!

Football season is coming! That means my Fantasy League begins, Season 8!

I'm just gonna put it out there.........if for some reason I end up dating outside the race, and it becomes serious, and my future in-laws disapprove of my chocolate goodness, then I'm bailing on dude before things get out of hand. I love my life. How insane is it that a grown arse man would concieve of having his daughter-in-law, the mother of his granchild, ICED? Predjudice and racism is a muthaskunna. To my Indian brethren, your skin is brown. Get over it. Besides, black folks are that deal!

Sleep is underrated.

I can't say this enough. Ladies and Gentlemen, mani-pedi's are your friend.

Warning.....hold off on going to a new restaurant within its first few weeks of opening. They're still working out the kinks and you're probably gonna be irritated and turned off by the ambiance, food, and/or service. Trust me on this one. I've worked in a new retaurant and I've patronized them too. Good things come to those who wait.

Speaking of restaurants. As a hostes, why would you wear stripper shoes to work, knowing that you have to seat people all night? Hostess Girl, you were a great source of entertainment, as I was sure that you would eventually fall and bust your butt while tippin' across that slick floor.

Its probably a good idea to learn Spanish and/or Mandarin, and teach your children too.

How did we become so desensitized to human suffering?

I know its Monday, but hang in there!

The Maven

No comments: