1.10.2008

Dear, Heart

I ate Wacky D's yesterday........and the day before that.


Now, I know what you're thinking. Why would you eat it, TWICE? My bad. I just don't have a legitimate reason. Convenience, maybe? Well, not exactly, because Trader Joe's is two blocks further. My point is, we should try harder to eat properly. Put your taste buds in boot camp. I did just that last night when I cooked some spinach. That was all I ate. Spinach, a pinch of salt, and pepper galore. This obviously was a better choice, but I had already consumed a double cheeseburger, a fry, and some nuggets (yes, I'm greedy), I ate the spinach to psyche myself out.


A coroner's report was released today regarding the untimely passing of Dr. Donda West, beloved mother of Kanye. As reported by the AP, it appears that results of the autopsy were inconclusive, but one thing seemed clear. Dr. West had heart disease, which could have been a contributing factor. According to the CDC, heart disease is the leading cause of death in our country. My maternal grandmother, and many of her siblings suffered from heart disease. I am predisposed to it as a result. I have cholesterol issues. I know better than to eat Wacky D's.


My plea to you today is to learn about coronary diseases, how to prevent them, and how to manage them. Life is easier when you feel better. Tweak your menus, for yourself and your loved ones. Think of beautiful colors when you eat, and pick food accordingly. Excersise and limit your alcohol intake (this is a challenge because I love a good drink.) If you smoke, STOP. That has got to be the NASTIEST habit.


I think I've said enough.


Now, dear heart, go hug or kiss someone you love.

No comments: