5.22.2008

It's Raining!

It's raining in Santa Monica! I can't tell you how thrilled and happy I am! My mood just did a 180. It's game time and I'm enjoying a crisp glass of Pinot Grigio with my front door wide open! I just love, love, love the rain. It smells SO DAMN FRESH! I have a fond memory of my grandmother Honey and I dancing in the rain out in front of she and my mom's houses. Classic!

Rain is a luxury here in LA. So imagine my excitement when the sky turned and ominous gray and thunder began to roll!

I'll let Sergio Mendes and Brazil '66 express just how I'm feelin'.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... how cool is this post. I LOVE the rain too. It also reminds me of my grandmother.

She would draw closed her thick green drapes, and her house would be dark and still except for the bit of light seeping through the cracks in the drapes as they moved back and forth from vibrations. We would talk in almost whispered voices.

Thanks for making me remember. I think I will blog about it.